Find the information you need when you need it
HP IDOL is perhaps best known for its ground-breaking work in conceptual search. We also offer over 100 different search operators and modifiers to enhance the search experience. These include:
- Keyword search with the support of operators such as AND, OR, NOT, NEAR, DNEAR, SOUNDEX, FUZZY, RANGE, and many more
- Boolean restrictions across multiple metadata fields
- Sorting by relevance and/or arbitrary numbers of metadata fields
- Full weighting of metadata to weight individual keywords, special metadata fields or entire documents more or less than others
- User feedback systems to allow users to increase or decrease the influence of a given document within a given set of results
IDOL uses sophisticated algorithms based on a combination of Information Theory and Bayesian methods to search across over 1,000 file formats in over 150 languages. Additionally, IDOL allows administrators to manipulate the relevance of query results in many ways.
Flexibility: Take advantage of numerous search operators and modifiers to select the search method that best suits your needs. Relevance can be customized by administrators to suit business needs and employee roles.
Accuracy: Search across all files and systems to ensure comprehensive search results.
Relevance: Avoid the pitfalls of keyword search and find relevant files that do not contain the particular query terms used.